Monday, June 27, 2011

I Like It, I Love It

 
 
 
 
"I Like It I Love It"  Tim McGraw

Hooray for a new week...a fresh start to a better one than last.
This weekend, Steve and I didn't do anything spectacular but it sure felt it, because there was relaxation and no unwanted surprises.  I feel somewhat refreshed both mentally and physically.

Friday morning I woke up super early.  With Steve having off, I was sure he'd sleep in but his body is on such a schedule lately.  So, we decided to take advantage of the time and knock out all the stuff we had to take care of before we decided what else we'd do with our day.  We did some light grocery shopping, laundry, paid bills, my car battery was purchased and installed.  And with it still being so early, Steve told me to go up and shower and he'd make us some breakfast. Pancakes were on the menu.  So, I go upstairs and opt for a bubble bath at 11 in the morning and end up realizing how much I needed one
*not body odor wise, promise...ok, maybe a little ;)  It just was nice to lay there and know we had the whole day to do whatever we wanted. 

I come downstairs, towel twisted over my head, the most un-sexy night gown in the world, one that resembles a moo moo *don't know what a moo moo is? it's a grandma dress gown usually containing some kinda floral motif ;).  And there awaits my stack of pancakes.  I sit down with Steve and I'm all, "mmm omygosh babe, these are so good...you're such a good cook"...because he really is.  I wasn't buttering him up or anything.  He tells me he's so glad I like them and then gets a big smirk.  I said, "what?! What's so funny"...as he's laughing.  I thought he was mocking my beautiful getup.  He says, "They're from McDonalds :)"...Huh? I'm so confused because I saw him start the pancakes.  Well turns out he "messed them up" and he told me they looked like burnt doughy mush. Hey, coulda fooled me. I didn't even hear him leave.  I was too busy with my bubbles.  Ok, that doesn't sound right!  I thought it was cute he actually went out instead of just putting a bowl of raisin bran out for me with an IOU note.

After the delicious fakecakes, we watched a movie.  That movie turned into a 2nd movie and we were sensing we were onto something.  Why don't we just veg out all day long and do NOTHING. Yes, something that I've been saying for a long time I'd love to do. You know those days when it's total crap outside and you wish you could just spend the day in bed. Or weeks like last week, when all I want to do is think about nothing. So, that's just what we did. We had a little hideout in the house all day, were lazy good for nothin' bums...and it was glorious!

Speaking of hideouts...Twinkie and Muffin had a cute lil' game of hide n go seek going on...

Twinkie - "MUAHH ha ha ha...she'll never find me...  Muffin - playing stupid


"Found ya, you can't fool me, you chubby rug monster"


Love this picture.  It doesn't look real to me.  There I am, leaning down to take a picture of Twinkie still under there...and he comes charging out at me (the crazy cat paparazzi)

I can't even believe it, but I went to bed at 9:30 Friday night!! That's twice in the past few months that I've gone to bed before midnight. The only thing about that was, I woke up at 4am on Saturday all ready to start the day.  With it being an odd hour and nothing else left to do besides watch LMN, I decided to spruce up my blog. It's the little things, I tell ya.  I was having too much fun trying out different designs.  I could get used to this "normal" time schedule. Okay, I'm lying. I love my schedule. I love the night. I'm a night worshipper. But, I'm working on getting to bed at a normal hour most of the week...in small baby steps.

Saturday I went with my friend Kim to a jewelry party. I LOVE jewelry but even still, my favorite part of the party were the games. You play for fake money to cash in for prizes. Being that I've already been to one of these parties, I knew the game. And it is perfect for someone like me...someone with an atrociously, stuffed to the gills - purse. My friends have teased me for over a decade about the contents of my purses. It's quite frightening. I really could live out of them. Back to the game...the host calls out a letter and then you rummage your purse for what you can find beginning with that letter. At the last party I got points for letter "F", with an old worn out handi wipe with a flag on it (don't ask). And this party, I did well with letter "J"...J is for junk food. I dug to the bottom of my purse and found a tiny, shriveled up french fry maybe from 2009 (how did that get in there? a snack for later? that little sucker won me 2 "diva dollars" thank you very much)...I was hoping they'd call "N". Hanging out next to the french fry was a mini nail file speared through a melted mento or something. Don't judge.

Me and Kim

Sunday was my favorite. And it definitely scored points with an unexpected cancellation for a window cleaning job I picked upfelt guilty telling my busy boss, no to, for today. He called me early yesterday evening to apologize that they cancelled on him last minute. No apologies needed. I wanted to pull over and skip a skip of glee through the meadow. As I mentioned back in May when I did a window job, "I don't do windows"...

But I do have a hard time saying no when he's in a bind (which is frequently). I look at it like this...I'm lucky to be able to pick up whenever I want or he needs me and make the extra money. Is it bad that I look at the extra cash as more "fertility $" or "when the baby gets here cash"...I don't think it is. And I know whenever that miraculous day comes that I do have a good n bakin' babe in my belly, that cleaning is going to be far less frequent...so work now, play later. That's another thing I'm working on...Cutting back on some things...along with cleaning the french fry-handi wipe-melted candy nail file filled purse. And while we're on things I'm learning to cut back on or say no to...

How about this, for example??!
Sing it, Mr McGraw..."I like it, I love it, I want some more of it I try so hard, I can't rise above it...Don't know what it is about that little gals burger's lovin' but I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!
This was Sunday dinner. Steve and I went out for burgers and sweet potato fries! oink central! I'm totally giving myself a really bad diet reputation this week. This, coming from a girl who used to live on salads and think red meat was gross. But seriously, I love healthy foods...I do. I love vegetables almost just as much as ice cream. Just now, I seem to like them smothered in cheese or ranch dressing rather than steamed ;)
But this week, I'm gonna kick myself into some healthier choices  than the ones I've been making lately.
Enough about food, I'm getting hungry!

After our nutritious dinner we headed out for a walk (in case you're counting, we burned off 4 and a half french fries and a pickle from the burger)...and on our way to park the car, discovered this.

It was one of the prettiest sunsets I've seen in a long time. These pictures don't do it justice. The sky was painted fiery orange with purple stripes and a million different hues of pink.

Me and the Mr...my big head coverin' up the sun

We then visited with my Nani...my mom's mother...who, my Mom takes care of. She's being an awesome daughter and moving in with her. Mad props to my Mama! My grandmother is a spry, more recently - feisty old lady. She's confined to her bed and where her body has given out, her mind's all there! *Mom, if you're reading, I know you're saying something smart about that last sentence ;) I 100% inherited the crazy cat lady gene from my Nani. She has had cats all her life until recently when the last one passed away. She adores them. I always break out my cell phone and show her trillions of pictures of our kitties and she goes crazy with "awww would ya look at that? and omygoodness gracious, isn't she a beauty"...it's so cute! She likes cats so much, she even hisses at my Mom, when she's in a mood. *ha, I'm not kidding!

Nani and I (blurry camera phone pic)


We went home and watched the 1st episode of the new season of "True Blood"...Everyone told me last year I'd love it and I completely doubted them.  I love me some crazy, weird, cheesy shows and movies...but a show about vampires?...no way...What could be so great about a small town of blood sucking vamps and humans and (ahem, 2 really nice looking vampires)??  Everything!!!
It is addicting...just a little guilty pleasure to take your mind off things and feel thankful that you don't have to sleep in a coffin and drink blood for a livin'...

Did I hear coffins?...Actually, this morning, I saw coffins! I pinky promise I didn't super impose myself in this picture.  You see, I have the honor of cleaning an office that sells these bad boys...
Yep! How's that for a mind trip! I know you're all jealous.  Any one of you is welcome to come and help! It is super glamorous!
I had my share of these for the day!

I checked em' all for "Vampire Bill" and "Eric" (the 2 handsome vamps mentioned above)...but no such luck...(kidding hunny) <3

Thank you, happy lil' weekend! I'm likin' it...I'm lovin' it...I'm wantin' some more of it!

I'm only about 5 days past ovulation so the crazies haven't kicked in yet. Give me a few more days and they'll start creepin' in. :)

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and has a great start to the week ahead! So many of you are waiting on answers and hoping for miracles. I am praying for all of those questions to be answered the way you hope and for a little magic to appear this week!


Wishing everyone a gorgeous sunset at the end of each day!


<3<3<3
Maria

12 comments:

Diana said...

What an AWESOME weekend!! I pretty much did the same thing... Relax, watch movies and eat eat eat! :) I'm so glad you had a relaxing weeekend. Everyone deserves one of those every once in a while. That sunset was beeeeautiful!! What a great way for life and God to tell you to step back and take a deep breath and enjoy all the beautiful things around u. (at least that's how I see it.. That sunset came at a perfect time) here's hoping you have an extra wonderful week as well girlfriend.

Much love to ya! <3

V said...

Really a wrinkly old fry? LoL it might be time to clean out that purse! It's sounds like you had a really great weekend; I find sometimes the ones you plan to do nothing sometimes turn out to be the best ones :) that sunset was so beautiful! I hope you have a great week this week!
(I'm gonna try for a spot on the beach lol)
<3 V

Kelly said...

:) way to bring a big ol smile to my face! Hahahaha! I love your sense of humor, and I think it is so great you had an amazing weekend! I'm taking it easy today until my friend arrives :)

Kelsey said...

what!!! you had to watch true blood from the beginning!!!!! IT'S SOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, i'm really yelling that! I'm obsessed. I thought it was weird at first, but I've been dying for the new season to start. I even got Kyle into it.. mostly because they show lots of boobies. whakka whakka. SO glad you had a nice relaxing weekend! :)

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend! Man I need to find me one of those lay around the house and do nothing days, SOON! Thank you for your comments I am doing well, today I am starting to feel a little sick (bring on the morning sickness). Take care and have a wonderful week!

Melissa said...

Wow, your weekend sounds amazing!!! I'm so glad you were able to have such a nice, stress free time! The sunset is absolutely gorgeous, and the burgers and fries make me want to go eat something bad too! :-)

empty whole said...

What a full weekend! I'd love to say I could fit half of that into a weekend.

Mrs. E said...

It's Tuesday, so this is late... But I'm glad you had a great weekend =) Your grandmother sounds awesome, by the way! I hope your week is great! Hugs =)

Anonymous said...

glad you guys had a good weekend! sometimes a weekend of nothing is the cure for everything!

hapyp ICLW!

tracey said...

love that you can enjoy doing nothing together. make a point of that. when the babies do come, you will look back fondly on this time not because of infertility but because you made the most of your couple time, and then you can move on to family time!
Here's hoping you guys are "Two of a kind, working on a full house" soon!
Tracey ICLW #118

Kerstin@TheRealHousewivesofIdaho.blogspot.com said...

I love days like that when you don't HAVE to do anything at all! I love that Steve made (and then bought) you pancakes--so nice! I hope your week is better than last week!

waitingforarainbow said...

I love your face in the coffin picture hahahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...