Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blessed, A Bit Stressed, Time For Rest



Happy May, friends.


I'll say it again...
Thank you. Your words on my last post/happy news touched me greatly. 
Thank you. For every bit of your kindness and all of your sincere thoughts and beautiful prayers.
I don't doubt for a moment that they helped us to get to where we are right now.
I meant every word I said cried in my video. <3

 
Before I give a little update, let me just say that my eyes are growing very heavy.  I've been a sleeping machine - a sentence I'm grateful to type.


After finding out the news, and giddily calling and texting handfuls of loved ones, I drove to Steve's office to "surprise" him.  He met me outside, and as I went to get out of my car, I could feel a huge smirk about to plaster itself across my face.  We hugged.  Steve grinned.  I said "you know, don't you?"
and he hugged me tighter, kissed me, and replied, "You're pregnant, aren't you?!"


 
I handed him this box.


 

And we just smiled so big, staring at one another without saying a word. 
It felt so good. 
Pregnancy #7... 
We have never felt more excited about news like this...and that right there proves so much.
That is this was/is so right.

 

This was the Tuesday I got my negative.  I stomped and pouted my way on over to the coffee shop with Jessica. Those hours together erased so much of my disappointment.
And looking back, it's funny, because the last thing she said to me was, "What if you are pregnant?!"
:)

Breakfast at Kim's on Wednesday lifted my spirits.  As did her company and way of always making me laugh.  She too, told me I should test again.
(Thank you to all who kept the faith.)


Handsome Noah and I played Lincoln Logs...I used to love them when I was a kid.




Soon after I found out I was pregnant, I made an appointment for bloodwork on Friday.
I wanted to savor Thursday for all that it was.  It felt magical.  It felt unreal at times.
And when I walked into the office the next morning, the nurse was smiling and so thrilled.  She hugged me, took my blood, asked a bunch of questions, told me to snag a few prenatal vitamin samples from the bathroom, and then sent me on my way. 
Waiting for that call back with the results - it's never easy.
But it wasn't too bad this time around...I was eager to answer as soon as my phone rang.  I had a pretty good feeling.
And when I heard the tone of her voice, I knew it couldn't be bad news.
My numbers were in range.
I've only heard that once before out of my 6 pregnancies.
They never want to see your progesterone go below 10.  And mine was right under 15.  So, for safety, they put me on progesterone.  I take one pill at 10 a.m.  And one at 10 p.m.  I call them my sleepy/dream pills.  I won't even get into the insane and somewhat horrifying dreams I've had so far.
She told me as soon as our doctor saw my name with the word pregnant written next to it, he said "YES!! This is so good. I am so happy!" - my thoughts exactly.

 
Here it is, a week later.  My second round of bloodwork is this morning. 
I'm nervous, but hopeful.
Just like that pregnancy test has the power of changing everything in the blink of an eye, so does the call I will receive with my results.  My hcg (pregnancy hormone) needs to have doubled appropriately in the past week.  And only once has it done so.
But, I so very much need to remember and keep reminding myself that this time is different.
In a beautiful, new, and exciting way.


It is already evident to Steve and I how different this pregnancy has been from the past ones.  I usually begin spotting a couple days after finding out I'm pregnant, and then go on to miscarry a couple weeks later.
I haven't had an ounce of spotting so far. And every time I go to the bathroom, I'm amazed I don't see blood. 
My progesterone is usually 3, 4 or 5.  It is so much higher this time.  And my hcg is double to triple what it has been in the past.


I've had moments of pure fear come over me in the past seven days.
I've had moments of pure happiness and peace come over me in the past seven days.
I love truly feeling pregnant...the drowsiness, the waking up to go to the bathroom, my water balloon boobs - they make me happy.  
I am certainly more confident this time than in the past.
Naturally, I'm guarded to an extent. The questions pop in and out of my head - Is this or that normal? Should I be feeling this way or that way?
I owe infinite thanks to the loves that have helped calm my nerves.

 
This I know - I am pregnant today.
And that is an amazing blessing.
***


Monday night, we celebrated Kelly's soon-to-be third little love.


 

 

And continued with desserts and gifts at our place.






 





 
This was Kelly and I about 15 years ago at her birthday party, being goofy and dreaming about being mamas someday.


And this is 15 years later recreating that memory.
How do you like my bump pillow?



1 month and 8 months :)
(Thank you for the sweet picture, Jessica!)

 
We had a little fun and set the timer on my camera for about 5 rounds of major photo clicking.

 

Water and decaf coffee makes us wild n' crazy.

 

 
aww, lil' mins snuck in the picture.


I thought about our photoshoot so many random times this week and it instantly brought a smile to my face.
I love these girls.
<3

 
Vania and I went out for a spicy lunch and did a little celebrating for her birthday.
I'm pretty sure we opened and closed the place.


 

We ate it all.
Happy Birthday, Vania. <3


I'm pooped.
Time for bed.

Time for deep breaths, prayers, and sweet wacky dreams.

<3 Happy Friday <3

Tons of love.

I've got lots more to write about in the coming week.


Dreamy Lovin'


19 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so happy for you! It looks like you had a wonderful time with so much to celebrate. Wow this is the first time every I have been one of the first to comment (up early Annabelle woke up earlier than usual today). I had some wild dreams too so get ready for them to continue. I was thinking about you the other day and it came to mind "what if it is multiples?" hmmmmm... This is all so very very exciting!!! I so glad you are resting now, this all must feel like a weight has been lifted. Sweet dreams and I will keep praying that your beautiful numbers keep rising! BIG HUGS

Kerry said...

Hey sweet friend!!
#1 You are going to be one sexy pregnant chick when you are as big as a house
#2 If your pregnant belly starts up at your boobs like that pic taken 15 years ago then I will have to smile ;)
#3 How on earth is your friend 8 months pregnant and looking so good? Seriously. I am that size at the 2 month mark!
#4 I am so thrilled that you are pregnant, I don't think it has sunk in with me yet. I am going to watch you grow and grow and I am going to be so happy and excited the entire time!!
Love you forever xo

Tina said...

Oh my word, I am such a doofus! I saw your post in my reader last week, and I told myself to go back and watch the video because I was at work...anyway, I completely forgot (pregnancy brain!!!)...and anyway, YAY!!! Congratulations, sweet friend! I am so excited for you and Steve. You are beautiful and amazing, and you're going to be such a great mommy!!! xoxo

Maria said...

I can't wait for your updates!!! By the way, your pillow makes me think you have at least 2 babies in there. :) This is so exciting!!

lovejoy_31 said...

I am so truly happy for you. You are so very welcome. I promise you that I did get you something and eventually I will send it to you. I love you and I coulnd't be happier for you. I am jealous, but I so hope and pray that I will be there with you by next year. Going to give myself six or so months after my hip replacement and then we'll see. Praying for good numbers. Isn't the absolute terror of looking for/finding blood every time you pee insane? I even spotted w/ Celia and I thought it was over, but she is here so miracles do happen. Much love to you and Steve!!

XOXO
Joy!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I am more excited and happy for you than words can say! I have been taking a bit of a break from blogging lately and am happy to come back to such joyful news, you have so many people happy for you and in your corner! I'll be praying for you and a healthy pregnancy. I can't wait to read more updates and you write them!
~meg~

Unknown said...

Yeh! Wonderful news Maria! I am so happy for you and will continue to pray that everything goes well. You deserve all this happiness! As usual the pictures are so beautiful. Get your well needed rest and Lots of Love, Prayers, Friendship and Best Wishes.
Judy

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

Maria! I can't stop smiling for you! You have been in my thoughts and prayers daily! My mom called me the night you posted your video! She said Maria! Maria is pregnant! Go watch her video!! Since then I have showed it to 2 friends and Scott! they all loved it! I am just so excited for you! Have a wonderful upcoming weekend! Tons of Love!
Alexis~

Kerstin@TheRealHousewivesofIdaho.blogspot.com said...

Praying for good betas! You hit the nail on the head though--try to take it one day at a time. You've done all that you can do, and the rest is in God's hands. Get some rest and try not to worry (at least not too much). Xoxox, Kerstin

Stephanie said...

:) love this post!!! Especially the 15 yr ago pic and present day pic! Too cute!!!
I've been thinking about ya - I'm glad everything is going well! :) Sooo incredibly happy for you guys! <3

Jessica White said...

I'm so glad that things are going well! I keep thinking about you.

Big Apple Mami said...

Sounds like a good week! Believing with you that those numbers will be right where they need to be. I had just one miscarriage but know how it ca affect your future pregnancies....I'm so glad this time feels so much different!! So excited for you to be on this journey and so glad I found your blog when I did!! Xoxo Kristina

Unknown said...

So so happy for you:) Good luck with this weeks blood test, hope all is well.
The little after baby basket is such a cute idea. And I love
Cupcake wine...my favorite!
You are surrounded by so many wonderful ladies, you are all so lucky to have eachother. You girls are always out having fun:))

Unknown said...

Hi again Maria,
I am happy to tell you that I have just passed on two awards to you! Have a wonderful weekend and I wish you continued good times!
Lots of Love,
Judy

Ashley said...

Yeah for an update!! Good luck today with your bloodwork. I will be thinking of you!!

Those pics of you 15 years ago and now cracked me up!!

So so excited for you two!!

Olivia said...

YAY! So so happy for you!

***cartwheel****

Lisa Weidknecht said...

Thanks for joining the Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop!

waitingforarainbow said...

Look at Steve's face as he holds that box... haha it's perfect! I am still so over joyed for you. The excitement of your positive test has not gone down a single bit in my world at all.
I think it's so sweet that you were so upset about a negative test, only to get a positive one the next day! I told you! :)
The picture of you and Kelly holding hearts over your babies is precious!! 1 month down, 8 to go! I can't wait to watch that belly of yours grow!
I AM DYING for the first ultrasound pictures. You know what? I have a pretty good feeling you might actually hear a heartbeat, even though it's going to be pretty early. You know why? This pregnancy is going to be nothing but magical for you.
<3 love you and baby!! ehehehe -Heather

Cami said...

I love how you told Steve...way too cute :) I love how he just KNEW, too :)
I am SO SO happy you just KNOW you're pregnant..I love that. What a special feeling that must be!
I am loving the photo of you and your friend when you were little..how cuuute!!
Cupcake is some delicious wine, too :D
Cant wait to see your baby bump ;)
Here's hoping you and hubs and baby to be have an amazing weekend!! oxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...