Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sweetheart





"Ho Hey" - The Lumineers



Last week sure was a fun one.  
A happy one. 
 A love-filled one.
I admit, though I normally don't like to make a big deal out of February 14th, 
it was kinda impossible this year.
I mean, after all,
we had a certain little valentine to be celebratin'.

Tonight, mostly photos of the girl who steals our hearts each and every day...


Our funny Valentine...





Piper's sweet headband - Logs 'n Lace


"Whaddya mean, Mommy just ate the last piece of candy out of my five pound Russel Stover 
assorted chocolates heart box?!!"


"Get her!!!!"


Delicious chub


"Go ahead and steal my chocolate again, Mommy!  I've got more than enough teeth...I'll bite your fingers right off!"


"Oh, what's that?  You baked me a cake?!  Awww, you shouldn't have.  I love you!  I was just kiddin' about that whole bitin' your fingers off thing!"


Aunt Kelly gave Pips this adorable, pom-pom-rific headband last week.
We couldn't stop smiling at Pom Pom Pippy!


"Oh HECK NO, Daddy, not you now, too!!  That's my 12 pound Hershey's Kiss!  Lay Off"







Uncle Nicholas gave Piper this dazzling, sparkly, fancy dress for Christmas.
Piper was sure one pretty, purple Pippy with her pot of posies.  (Say that four times fast!)



Headband and sandals - Logs 'n Lace







Daddy stood close by the chair in case Purple "Pipe" went tumblin'.  We were cracking up, because there was no way Pippy's sweet noggin was not going to cover the R.  Though you know, Mommy kept stubbornly trying.



Hooray for Purple Pip! <3 



Aunt Jessica surprised us with this too cute top and beautiful handmade headband
a couple months ago.
We were waiting for Valentine's Day to break them out.
And now, we can't wait to break 'em in.  (I'm totally stealing borrowing Piper's headband!)






I snort-laugh whenever I see this picture.
She's totally skiing.  Totally!








I had my lip gloss sitting by me while I was snapping the pictures.   She snatched it right up.






I found these Baby B'gosh overalls at a consignment sale last year for two bucks.  I remember thinking "Ohhh, she will wear these in February!"
They were just a tad bit short, but we made it work...


See...



Her hat, also a past gift from Aunt J, is size 0-6 months, but we still love to rock it.  And her sweater (another sweet piece from the Aunt J'ster) is size 0-3 months.  
This yellow sweater is so special to me.  Piper has worn it on so many occasions, despite it being itty- bitty.  She wore it the last time my dad truly held her, before his heart attack.
I have a feeling I'll be squeezin' her into it for at least another few months.









I'll be back with more on 
Mushy Gushy Love Week in my next post.
<3



Happy Thursday!!



Hope your Russel Stover assorted chocolates heart box still has a few pieces left inside!
<3


Always Lovin',


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sweet Piper is so funny and expressive, just like mommy! I LOL'd at her funny faces more than once while reading this post. She is hilarious! And yes, she is totally skiing in that one pic. You may have a future winter Olympian on your hands! Thanks for sharing, having been missing your posts as of late!!

Mel @ thereisahigherhope.blogspot.com

JP said...

That child makes the FUNNIEST faces. Her headbands are so super cute, and that striped/flowered hat is TOO MUCH. She seems to be standing so well. I can't believe how she has grown. Happy February, Maria.

Mrs. E said...

This child and her many faces...too cute!! I am so glad you had a good Valentine's Day :) You certainly did have something to celebrate!!

M said...

OMG! Her faces...seriously! How does she scrunch her nose like that?! She is so adorable...can't wait until she starts putting words with those faces!!

Unknown said...

Her faces are the best ever!!!! I love them.

Kim said...

She is such a little lady now with so much personality! I love it!

I also love the yellow sweater and how important it is to you. Squeeze her into it as long as you can and then put it in a keepsake box and display it on the wall :)

I hope you guys have a great weekend!

mail4rosey said...

Look at her standing like a pro!!

All of her outfits are sosososoSO cute, and look at her in the rocking chair!! I remember when you guys made that chair. Awwwww!!

I like the Ho Hey song too, I've gotta get it d/l'd on my iPod.

I'm glad you had a happy Valentine's Day. :)

beckyj @ A Lazy Crazy Life said...

I love that purple outfit! But most of all I love all of her expressions! How can you even stand it?! :)

Faith said...

Hahahaha, this post made me laugh out loud ... you adding what she must be thinking with her expressions is spot on. So hilarious. You are the best Maria!!

And that Instagram video you shared yesterday with Pips really into what she was watching was the cutest thing ever. I seriously watched it like 5 times, lol.

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh, I love this little girl SO much!! She's such a little ham! That pom pom headband...I'm seriously dying. It is just TOO CUTE for words! All of her expressions are adorable...oh to get in that sweet little head and know what she's thinking!

So glad y'all had a great Valentine's Day...you've got the sweetest gift of all, Pippy!
xoxo

Alex[andra] said...

Look at all the facial expressions she makes now! So cute!

Anna said...

She is just too cute!!

Heather Nelsen said...

Oh angel girl!! Posing for all those pictures?! Sweetness!! She IS the best little Valentine! ...Can't believe it's been so long since I've caught up on your blog! I loved looking through your pics from the last month! So much love in these pictures. :) You guys are the cutest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...