Saturday, April 12, 2014

You Are So Beautiful







Good morning.  I'm on my third cup of coffee, Piper is napping, 
and Steve is out picking up balloons for a very special day.  Today is Piper's birthday party.  Twelve days after her real birthday, but man, are we thankful we picked the date we did.  I remember saying "Is it weird to have her party almost two weeks after her real birthday?"...
And now, here we are...April 12, 2014.  And it's not weird one bit.  It's a damn good date.  And a damn good thing we didn't have it the weekend closest to her birthday.  

To the left of me, sits a pretty little mess of cards - both "Happy Birthday" and "Sympathy"...
And I find beauty in that.  

Two weeks ago, we said goodbye to my dad.  We celebrated his life and our love for him.
And today, we say hello to year one for Piper.  We celebrate her life and our love for her.


Well, I'm crying again. I cried when I picked up and laid eyes on Piper's birthday cake(s) this morning.  I cried when I drove past a work truck from my dad's old company.  
And now, I'm crying just happy, grateful, king kong emotional Maria tears.


I could go on and on about all of the events that have taken place these past few weeks.  And I definitely will be taking time to sit, write and remember over this next month, but today...


Today is for Piper.  
And really...for all of the amazing people who have shown my family and my daughter a love so pure and sweet.

Thank you all so incredibly much for the thoughts, the prayers, and the love.

<3<3<3

I took these photos when Piper turned eleven months, and used them for her birthday party invites.
GiGi took us to Longwood Gardens for the day.  It's funny, because I used to call Longwood Gardens "Brokeass Gardens"...I didn't appreciate all it had to offer.
Piper has taught me so much this past year.  She helps me see the beauty in everything.  
And that day...well, it was far from brokeass.
When I watched my baby girl stare at the colorful flowers, wave and smile at strangers passing by, and squeal with delight (and gulp the water) at the fountains...I felt overcome with such emotion.


Oh, how we love her.
































Piper Grace, when you look in the mirror, I hope you always see that beautiful, spunky, funny, bright  girl that I see when I look at you.
I love you.  Happy Birthday Party Day! <3



Have a wonderful day, everyone.
Celebrate Life.


Tons and Tons of Love,


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Piper!!

Unknown said...

Aw I love her!!! Her pictures are beautiful! Great job, Maria!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Piper! I love all of her sweet faces! I hope that you all have a wonderful celebration today! {{hugs}}

Rebecca said...

Love the video. Hope you have a great party.

E and R said...

Beautiful pictures. Happy birthday, Piper!

JP said...

She's the bees knees. So adorable and expressive. I hope she had a splendid party!

Heidi said...

Wow. A year. How times does fly. Happy birthday Piper!!

Anna said...

Piper is a very blessed little girl to have such sweet and wonderful parents.

Keep celebrating life! I know that will be a valuable lesson to her because there will be days that will be hard (as they are for anyone, we all have trials) and she will have such a beautiful spirit because of you. <3

Heather Nelsen said...

I have been thinking about you so much. I'm so glad Piper's Piper went well and loved seeing the pics on IG! I know these past 2.5 weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions for you. I'm thankful you got to celebrate your sweet girl's first year to add joy to the your days. Hoping this week is off to a great start for you, Maria!

mail4rosey said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful baby girl. A year went by so fast!!

Hugs and Happy Easter to you and your family!!

Faith said...

Piper is so, so blessed to have you for her mom!

Happy Birthday sweet Piper!

mail4rosey said...

It's funny how you have never met a person but you get a big soft spot for them and their family. I was thinking about this post this morning while at the McD's drivethrough doing a coffee run. Out of the blue, no idea why. But I felt so bad for you about your daddy. And so happy for you that you've got your sweet Piper. Don't know what I'm trying to say, just letting you know I sent some happy thoughts your way today. I sure hope your heart is healing up a bit.

Jessica White said...

She is just such a precious gift! Happy Birthday Sweet Girl, and Mama and Daddy too.

mail4rosey said...

I'm here today to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...